NDO Troubles

svalding at kent.edu svalding at kent.edu
Fri Jan 18 20:34:59 CET 2008

List,

Today our NDOUtils broker...broke. I'm not entirely sure what happened,
but I can tell you what is going on and what I've done...
Nagios 2.10, 1.4.10 plugs on Ubuntu 7.10

This has been fine for about 3 months now.

Today however, we started seeing some issues with the daemon. In the
event log of the nagios web interface it shows successful connections,
as does the nagios/mysql logs. Only problem is that in the Nagvis
interface it is showing that NDO is reporting Nagios as closed, or no
updates in more that 100 seconds. I'm leaning more towards a broken
Nagvis at the moment. I am the only person touching the Nagios box and
nothing has changed. I did try to add Bacula to this box, but have since
removed all relative packages that I installed. Has anyone
seen/experienced a similar issue with NDO? It's really frustrating, as
we have an IT auditor here today, and this is a big part of our audit
this year!!!

Stephen