Bloody selinux on Fedora 8

mjn mjn at umn.edu
Fri Jan 18 14:54:15 CET 2008

Nagios folks-

Has anyone resolved all of the selinux issues when installing nagios
on Fedora 8?

Specifically, I am getting these:

type=AVC msg=audit(1200663995.088:64): avc:  denied  { read } for
pid=3488 comm="ping" name="nagios.cmd" dev=dm-0 ino=16652317
scontext=system_u:system_r:ping_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:nagios_log_t:s0 tclass=fifo_file

type=AVC msg=audit(1200657768.283:14207): avc:  denied  { read } for
pid=7676 comm="sendmail" name="nagios.cmd" dev=dm-0 ino=16652317
scontext=system_u:system_r:sendmail_t:s0
tcontext=system_u:object_r:nagios_log_t:s0 tclass=fifo_file

I don't know what effect the ping denies are having but all of my e-
mail and page alerts are coming across with no content (I know they
are from nagios because of the from-address but there is no subject or
body text).

I followed this handy guide: http://www.rickwargo.com/2006/10/29/fc6-selinux-and-nagios/

But my problem persists. I've searched around and haven't found much
that is helpful on the SELinux front as far as taking audit data and
correcting your policies to allow things.

Has anyone else either had experience with SELinux and can help me
correct these problems or is there a set of instructions geared more
toward newer versions of Fedora that would provide the information?

Some system information:
Fedora 8 2.6.21-2952.fc8xen SMP
nagios-2.10-5.fc8
nagios-plugins-*-1.4.8-9.fc8