Nagvis without DB

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Wed Jan 16 01:10:55 CET 2008

Hi Brian,

Happy to help though I think NagVis has it's own mail lists :)

On Jan 15, 2008 6:29 PM, Brian Loe <knobdy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm eager to try this out - but I need some clarification on the
> installation process. If Nagios has only the /usr/share/nagios folder,
> what's the folder nagvis needs to be moved to (as opposed to
> /usr/nagios/share)?

You would install it under the nagios folder, so it would be

/usr/share/nagios/nagvis

> Also, does nagvis allow you to "build" the hostextinfo.cfg file graphically?

While NagVis does allow you to associate custom icons and labels (and
even make a custom popover window for devices if you want) for devices
OR services OR sub-maps, the format it uses is unique to NagVis and is
not compatible with hostextinfo.cfg.

- Max