snmp

Rich Sasko rsasko at niag.com
Tue Jan 15 23:13:33 CET 2008

I am using the following service to check the power supply on my dell
power edge system.

define service{

       use                              generic-service

       host_name                   DHCP server

       service_description        Power Supply

       check_command           check_snmp!-C public -o
.1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.200.10.1.9.1

      }

The problem is it reports as ok no matter what snmp returns as the
value. When it is normal it returns 3 and Nagios says the system is OK.
I pull the power cord on one of the redundant power supplies and it
returns 4 and Nagios still says it's OK

Anyone have any ideas?

System Running on

RHES 4.5