Strange think

Fabiano Martins fabianomartinsrj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:27:49 CET 2008

Hi all!!

I have a strange issue here with my nagios. Let me try to explain...

I have some web services to check and when I run the command from console to
test two diferent status of these services (UP or DOWN) I receive the
correct answer from remote application. Let me put the command here:

./usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http -H www.somehost.com.br -u
/heartbeat.asmx/Web -s '<boolean xmlns="
http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>'<http://www.somehost.com.br/%22%3Etrue%3C/boolean%3E'>

As the check_http says, I have to use check_http -H <vhost> -u URL path that
I wan to check on specified host and -s <string> that I expect to be
returned to me.

Ok!

I run this command from console and everything goes fine. To test, I've
changed the expected string from true to false, and the answer received
after running the command from console changes to "DOWN String not found".

The problem is, when I put it into service.cfg for nagios run the command,
I've realized that nagios is not threating the return. If the service is
down, nagios keeps showing me that the service is OK.

In command.cfg file, I've changed the line check_http command to add one
more argument that I need.

The default is check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$.

I've changed it to check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$ $ARG2$

 In services.cfg file I put check_http!www.somehost.com.br -u
/heartbeat.asmx/Web!'<boolean xmlns="
http://www.somehost.com.br/">true</boolean>'<http://www.somehost.com.br/%22%3Etrue%3C/boolean%3E'>

I think that nagios is doesn't recognizing the sintax.

My queustino is...

In the lines that I put above, Is there anything I am missing?

Regards,

Fabiano Martins