plugin output question

Steve Huff shuff at hmdc.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 11 17:43:35 CET 2008

On 09/01/2008, Eric F Crist <ecrist at secure-computing.net> wrote:
> I've got a few plugins I've written and I'm trying to clean up/expand
> the output of these for better perfdata.  Can you tell me if the
> following output is correct?
>
> This should be interpreted as, current temp is 84.2F, warning <54 and
>> 86, critical <50 and >90 (no min or max)
>
> OK: AMBIENT TEMP OK (84.2F) | temp=84.2F;54:86;50:90;;

the way i read the development guidelines, it looks like you'll have
a problem with your UOM field:

   10. UOM (unit of measurement) is one of:

          1.  no unit specified - assume a number (int or float) of
things (eg, users, processes, load averages)
          2.  s - seconds (also us, ms)
          3.  % - percentage
          4.  B - bytes (also KB, MB, TB)
          5.  c - a continous counter (such as bytes transmitted on
an interface)

since 'F' is not one of those options, you might run into an issue;
as a workaround, you could write

	OK: AMBIENT TEMP OK (84.2F) | temp_F=84.2;54:86;50:90;;

-steve

--
Steve Huff - Systems Administrator, Harvard-MIT Data Center -
shuff at hmdc.harvard.edu