DISK UNKNOWN

Jake Solid richardsolid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:55:45 CET 2008

*You wrote:*
Don't test as root, test as the nagios user (unless you're running
nagios as root, which you shouldn't be).

I'm testing as the nagios user.

*You wrote:*
What are the mount options in /etc/fstab or similar?  What permissions
apply to the mount for what users?

These are the options:

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
/dev/md1                /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /tmp                    ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 /var                    ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/md0                swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup01/fredVol00               /vservers/colombia/info
ext3    defaults        1 2

*You wrote:*
Who are you running that as?  As root again? What happens if you run
that command on the monitored server as the user running the nrpe process?

The same thing happens when running as the user running the nrpe process

*You wrote:*
What are the directory permissions for /vservers and /vservers/columbia ?

This is for columbia
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4.0K Oct 25 16:46 columbia

This is for info
drwxr-xr-x  4 user1 3702 4.0K Nov 29 03:02 info