NSclient

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Thu Jan 10 16:36:55 CET 2008

________________________________

	From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Peter
Fraser
	Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 5:19 PM
	To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [Nagios-users] NSclient

	Hi All
	I've been searching high and low but haven't been successful as
yet. I'm using Nagios-2.10 with FreeBSD 7.0 RC1. The clients run
nsclient. I am monitoring a host of server processes services and
counters. I have not been able to figure out how to get it to monitor
the windows event log. Could anyone point me in the right direction
please?

	Thanks.

Peter,

I use NSClient++, but I would assume that NSClient is pretty similar in
functionality.

While it appears that NSClient++ can do some event log monitoring

http://trac.nakednuns.org/nscp/wiki/CheckEventLog/CheckEventLog

it's not something we've tried here.

All the add-ons I've seen that do event log monitoring are separate
agents that run passively -- that is, they use NSCA to talk back to the
Nagios server.

The one I played with was Steve Shipway's app that worked pretty well
for me when I tried it.  It's at Nagios Exchange

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Windows.49.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view
]=221&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=10%3A10

Hope that helps.

Mark