check_hpasm error <Virus checked>

Gerhard Lausser Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de
Tue Jan 8 13:47:16 CET 2008

Hi Michel,

did you restart NRPE with debug=1 ?
Any interesting debug output in /var/log/messages?

Please find the pid of the NRPE daemon on host miysis
ps -ef | grep nrpe

Then, trace the process with "strace -f -p <the_pid_you_found>
-etrace=execve"
On the Nagios server, execute the "check_nrpe -t 60 -H miysis -c
check_hpasm"
There should be some output from the strace command like
[pid 10853] execve("/bin/sh", [umovestr: Input/output error
0xf7f799c8f7f799d0, "/lfs/opt/nagios/nrpe/locallibexe"...], [/* 48 vars */])
= 0
[ Process PID=10853 runs in 64 bit mode. ]
[pid 10853] execve("/lfs/opt/nagios/nrpe/locallibexec/check_logfiles",
["/lfs/opt/nagios/nrpe/locallibexe"..., "-f"], [/* 60 vars */]) = 0
[ Process PID=10853 runs in 32 bit mode. ]

Please post your output here.

Gerhard