check_hpasm error <Virus checked>

Marcus Fleige marcus.fleige at de.rhenus.com
Tue Jan 8 10:49:36 CET 2008

Hi Michel,
hi Gerhard! :-)

PO Michel wrote:
> The first command works but the second returns :
>
> NRPE: Unable to read output
>
> My nrpe.conf file looks like the following :
>
> server_port=5666
> server_address=10.1.10.233
> nrpe_user=nagios
> nrpe_group=nagios
> #allowed_hosts=127.0.0.1 10.1.10.233
> dont_blame_nrpe=1
> #command_prefix=/usr/bin/sudo
>
> NRPE runs under xinetd on my Nagios server.

Michel, i think you misunderstood Gerhard. It's important to try to
analyze the problem step by step, so please do exactly what is
described. You tried to execute the command via NRPE, instead, you
should have executed it manually on the console.

Please logon to the corresponding machine, do a "su - nagios", execute
the commands as decribed on top and post the reply to keep this thing
going, ok? :-)

Regards,

Marcus Fleige