rrd gaps

Eric Aiken ericaiken at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 01:08:35 CET 2008

Hi Brock

Ok, upon further review I see that the write_fifo program is still required. despite not using a fifo.  Here's what I have for relavant config info

ngraph.ncfg

    buffer                  1024
    interface               file
    perffile_path           /dev/shm
    step                    60
    heartbeat               600
    rrdpath                 /var/log/nagios/rrd/
    cfg_file=/etc/nagios/ngraph_graphs.cfg
         This file contains all my graph definitions

Q: Do I need a HOOK Statement?  I've tried all of them with no success.

nagios.cfg

process_performance_data=1
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata
service_perfdata_file=/dev/shm/service-perfdata
service_perfdata_file_template=$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t$SERVICEPERFDATA$\t$TIMET$
service_perfdata_file_mode=a
service_perfdata_file_processing_interval=60
service_perfdata_file_processing_command=process-service-perfdata-file

Commands.cfg
   define command{
       command_name    process-service-perfdata
       command_line    /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/contrib/fifo_write.pl  /var/log/nagios/rw/ngraph.pipe '$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t$SERVICEPERFDATA$\n' 3
       }

   define command{
       command_name    process-service-perfdata-file
       command_line    mv /dev/shm/service-perfdata /dev/shm/service-prefdata.$TIMET$
       }

My datafiles are created and time-stamped, but not processed into rrds.  Also note that graphing worked as a fifo albeit with gaps.  This really comes down to why collect2.pl is not converting the files into rrds.  How can I verify that it's "trying" to run?

thanks

- Eric Aiken (Eric.Aiken)

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1[showUid]=8007