check_cluster for hosts and warning state not yellow.

Matthias Flacke Matthias.Flacke at gmx.de
Mon Jan 7 20:19:02 CET 2008

js wrote:
> I'm using Nagios 3.0RC1.
> I'm using the latest check_cluster plugin in order to implement cluster
> logic into Nagios.
> I'm monitoring clustered hosts and NOT services.
> The whole thing seems to work correct but when the clusterhost is in a
> warning state, it is still displayed in GREEN, while that should be YELLOW
> not?
> When the cluster check is critical, Nagios displays the host status RED,
> which is OK.
>
> Here's the verbose output of the plugin.
>
> check_cluster - Warning: start=1 end=1: Critical: start=2 end=2 CLUSTER
> WARNING: Host Cluster: 1 up, 1 down, 0 unreachable

Instead of check_cluster you can try check_multi
(http://my-plugin.de/check_multi) with the following command file:

# cluster.cmd with host checks
command [ host1 ]  = check_icmp -H host1
command [ host2 ]  = check_icmp -H host2
state [ WARNING ]  = host1 != OK || host2 != OK
state [ CRITICAL ] = host1 != OK && host2 != OK

Greetz,
Matthias