Acking an alert by replying to an email

Dave tdbtdb+nagios at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 01:23:55 CET 2008

fetchmail might do the job for you. Because of a particular
arrangement of our mail server, I was unable to use procmail for a
similar purpose (not nagios but email front-end for rt). It depends on
whether notes is willing to speak to a client with a protocol that
fetchmail knows. (POP worked for me, not sure what notes likes.) Added
advantages over procmail - definitely simpler, probably consumes fewer
resources, possibly easier to keep secure (especially due to the
complexity issue).

I am unfamiliar with notes, doesn't it have some sort of native
pre-processing available?

Dave