check_hpasm error <Virus checked>

Marcus Fleige marcus.fleige at de.rhenus.com
Fri Jan 4 09:41:28 CET 2008

Hello there,

PO Michel schrieb am 04.01.2008 09:17 Uhr:
> Hi list
>
> I try to use the check_hpasm plugin on the RH 5.0 Linux box running Nagios.
>
> I get the following error : "UNKNOWN - insufficient rights to call sudo /sbin/hpasmcli "
>
 > [...]

Actually, i got exactly the same problem on my systems. Could you have a
look to your "/opt/compaq"-directory and check its permissions? Unter
normal conditions, nagios user will not be allowed to go there,
permissions are set to 750 on my machine. So, without being able to read
it, the nagios users cannot execute /opt/compaq/utils/hpasmcli.

I was not willing to change the permissions on all my machines, so i
circumvented it by calling the check_hpasm-script directly via sudo:

nrpe.cfg:

command[check-hpasm]=sudo /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_hpasm -b $ARG1$

sudoers:
nagios ALL=NOPASSWD:[...],/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_hpasm

Maybe this helps? :-)

Regards,

Marcus Fleige