graphical mapping tool

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 4 04:16:22 CET 2008

Here, we use weathermap -- http://www.network-weathermap.com/ -- which
can take data feeds from MRTG and Nagios as well as from Cacti.  I have
a home-grown remote editor 'weatherman' available from
http://www.steveshipway.org/software/weathermap-3.5.zip (perl/Tcl for
windows/linux/mac/etc) which is easier to use than the supplied one.
This lets us have custom designed maps with nodes that link to MRTG
graphs, Nagios status pages, or other maps, and change colour based on
Nagios status while the links change colour based on MRTG traffic flow.

Since I wrote the initial Nagios data plugin for Weathermap, let me know
if you try it out and have any problems obtaining it or getting it to
work.

Steve

From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Alex
Dehaini

Nagios is a wonderful tool but it's status map is not the prettiest. Any
tool out there that I can integrate with nagios to produce nice maps. I
will love something that I can use to create multiple maps that are all
connected to a general map?