NRPE Logging. Documentation?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:10:04 CET 2008

Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Hari Sekhon wrote:
>> properly within nrpe, or until I get some time to try to do this and
>> submit a patch (which will definitely not be any time soon).
>>

> Do you propose an intermediary log level that, on a single line, logs
> the remote host, command executed, and result code w/o displaying all
> of stdout/stderr?
>
> ~BAS

I think that is an excellent idea and would significantly improve nrpe
as a program and raise the bar for auditing purposes. A single line is
all that is needed really - who called what, what was run in what
security context from what ip address etc. In fact, there could be a
second line of logging with the results, the exit code and the
stdout/stderr.... but these should be 2 different logging levels so that
you have the choice in nrpe.cfg...

-h

--
Hari Sekhon