ping

Tim Palmer tim at tany.com
Wed Jan 2 16:13:32 CET 2008

[list protocol note? - I suppose, since people *will* top post, a thread
that is top posted should remain top posted]

A quick Google search shows you are by no means the first to run into this.
What is the ping check for? Do you want to check if linux1 is up from
the Nagios server, or check something else from linux1? If the former,
there's no need for it to be an nrpe check, if the later, google "nrpe
check_ping" will bring up lots of clues, hints and discussions.

tim