Some questions on Escalations

Martin Knoblauch spamtrap at knobisoft.de
Fri Feb 29 14:26:29 CET 2008

Hi,

 maybe someone can help me on "escalations". I looked at the documentation and as I understand it, a host/service escalation will just send the same notification that would be sent anyway to a potentially different set of people. Is this basically correct?

 Actually I would like to do two different things:

a) when a service is in "Warning" state for more than X minutes, I would like to escalate the state to "Critical". Can that be done in NAGIOS? Would it be useful to add?
b) in case of an escalation, I would like to send a completetly different message as in a normal notification. In addition I also would like to execute a special event-handler.

Another question: is there a MACRO that tells me that a service is in "escalation"? That would likely help a lot to do b)

Cheers
Martin