check_http and differents ports

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 29 12:17:47 CET 2008

Diego Giurgola wrote:
> Hi all. I have a problem with check_http. I'd like to monitor my
> apache server, which is running on 10080 port. When I try to use the
> script from shell, it works wonderfully:
>
> [root at gentoonagios]# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -I localhost
> -p 10080
> HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 306 bytes in 0,004 seconds
> |time=0,003844s;;;0,000000 size=306B;;;0
>
> But, when I setup the nagios services.cfg file and get nagios on, it
> refuses to work, and it says me "Connection refused".
> So, what is the clue?
your nagios configuration is probably wrong, double check your
checkcommands.cfg and your services.cfg where you are calling the command.

If you are specifying in services.cfg

checkcommand     check_http!-p 100080

then you will need the command to have an $ARG1$ variable after it in
checkcommands.cfg.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon