Checking MediaWiki Health with Nagios?

Brian A. Seklecki bseklecki-ZGY8ohtN/8ps9yRxtKd7d6sO+fmYU+KU at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 28 20:45:33 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 23:17 -0600, Gabriel Millerd wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2008 10:27 PM, Brian A. Seklecki (Mobile)
> <bseklecki-ZGY8ohtN/8ps9yRxtKd7d6sO+fmYU+KU at public.gmane.org> >
> > Does anyone have a MW addon or Nagios Check (maybe utilizes the SOAP XML

Gabriel et al.:

> > API) that queries the application-level health of MediaWiki.

I've finally found time to write a small nagios plugin.  Here's an
example screen shot.  It just consumes api.php using SimpleXML's PHP5
bindings.

http://people.collaborativefusion.com/~seklecki/images/cf_mediaWiki_NagHC_ex0.png

I'll clean it up and post it to nagiosexchange.org just as soon as I
have a moment to clean up the code.  I may need some advice on getting
SimpleXML's simplexml_load_file() in combination with PHP's URI black
magic to work with Mediawiki api.php authentication cookies.

The underlying library may or may not support cookies
(curl/wget/openssl).

~BAS

--
Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki-ZGY8ohtN/8ps9yRxtKd7d6sO+fmYU+KU at public.gmane.org>
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.