Check_Disk Issues

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 28 16:06:34 CET 2008

check_disk doesn't connect to remote machines or understand a -H
parameter.

> In the web interface I am getting
> Current Status:   CRITICAL
> Status Information: (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may
be
> missing)

127 means the plugin isn't in the location Nagios is told it lives in.
Is the value of $USER1$ set to /usr/local/nagios/libexec in
resource.cfg? Is resource.cfg included as a resource_file in nagios.cfg?

> I have checked the libexec and the check_disk command is in
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec. I have also got it to error with a
different
> error which is Current Status:
>    UNKNOWN
>
> Status Information:
>  Unknown argument

I suspect you corrected the above $USER1$ error but now you're seeing
the effects of using '-H $HOSTADDRESS$'. When run from the command line
--

$ ./check_disk -H 99.99.99.99 -w 10% -c 5% -p *
./check_disk: invalid option -- H

You can always find the parameters a standard plugin understands by
running the plugin with '--help'. You should continue to test from the
command line until you get the parameters right (hint: -p * isn't going
to work as you think it is; you might not even need it).

> I have restarted with no errors, and have checked and found no errors
> involved with check_disk not being installed, or it would not let me
> restart the Nagios service.

Nagios does not verify that the plugins you specify actually exist. If
they do not, you see the 127 return code as above when it tries to use
it.

--
Marc