Tunning Nagios Perfomance

pra$h Online!!!! !! prashanthppp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:39:36 CET 2008

Hi,

      I have configured two Nagios Server, One is Primary(A) and Other is
Secondary(B).

      In primary I have Configured 891 active  host check and  8761 active
service check and passive service check 1473.

      In secondary i have configured  271 active host check and 2853 active
service check.

    Primary server performance is listed below :

   : Time Frame Checks Completed

<= 1 minute: 913 (10.7%)

<= 5 minutes: 4852 (56.9%)

<= 15 minutes: 8521 (100.0%)

<= 1 hour: 8521 (100.0%)

Since program start:   8521 (100.0%)

 Metric Min. Max. Average

Check Execution Time:   0.04 sec 25.92 sec 0.354 sec

Check Latency: 149.17 sec 202.23 sec 172.017 sec

Percent State Change: 0.00% 37.04% 0.06%

Passive Service Checks: Time Frame Checks Completed

<= 1 minute: 228 (18.3%)

<= 5 minutes: 829 (66.4%)

<= 15 minutes: 1136 (91.0%)

<= 1 hour: 1249 (100.0%)

Since program start:   1249 (100.0%)

Active Host Checks: Time Frame Checks Completed

<= 1 minute: 8 (0.9%)

<= 5 minutes: 39 (4.4%)

<= 15 minutes: 63 (7.1%)

<= 1 hour: 74 (8.3%)

Since program start:   74 (8.3%)

Secondary server performance

================================

Checks: Time Frame Checks Completed

<= 1 minute: 379 (13.3%)

<= 5 minutes: 2621 (91.9%)

<= 15 minutes: 2853 (100.0%)

<= 1 hour: 2853 (100.0%)

Since program start:   2853 (100.0%)

 Metric Min. Max. Average

Check Execution Time:   0.01 sec 60.02 sec 0.889 sec

Check Latency: 0.00 sec 3.43 sec 0.440 sec

Percent State Change: 0.00% 0.00% 0.00%

Passive Service Checks: Time Frame Checks Completed

<= 1 minute: 0 (0.0%)

<= 5 minutes: 0 (0.0%)

<= 15 minutes: 0 (0.0%)

<= 1 hour: 0 (0.0%)

Since program start:   0 (0.0%)

 Metric Min. Max. Average

Percent State Change:   0.00% 0.00% 0.00%

 Active Host Checks: Time Frame Checks Completed

<= 1 minute: 5 (1.8%)

<= 5 minutes: 15 (5.5%)

<= 15 minutes: 16 (5.9%)

<= 1 hour: 18 (6.6%)

Since program start:   20 (7.4%)

 Can  any body  tell me how to reduce the latency of my primary server
because

 if i restarted a nagios agent in client pc it is taking minimum 15 -20
minutes to come up the service

 to normal state and suggest me  how to  do the Load balance  to get good
performance for both servers.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Prashanth P nair.