(no subject)

Ayotunde Itayemi Itayemi.A at ng.celtel.com
Wed Feb 27 17:26:52 CET 2008

Hi, am I right in thinking that you are running your NRPE daemon under
inetd's control?

If yes, try running the NRPE daemon standalone. Then repeat your tests.
Let's know if it works.

For some reason I was never able to run NRPE on AIX under inetd
successfully - I got something

similar to the error you reported below.

$ ps -ef | grep nrpe

  nagios 3027572       1   0   Feb 19      -  0:37 /aixmon/nrpe/bin/nrpe
-d -c /aixmon/nrpe/etc/nrpe.cfg

$