Plugin Output Standardization

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Feb 27 14:14:28 CET 2008

* kyle.odonnell at gmail.com [2008-02-27 07:58]:
> I don't think printing the servicename would be helpful.  The
> servicename is already available in both the web and notification
> output too.

I agree, see the thread I started on this topic some time ago in
nagiosplug-devel@:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.plugins.devel/5155

While I'd also omit the status from the output, others would rather keep
that or prefer to also keep the service name.  So, we thought the best
solution would be to make the output format configurable at build time,
which I've implemented[*] but not yet committed.

Holger

[*] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.plugins.devel/5179