Host stuck in scheduled downtime

Stevens, Michael Michael_Stevens at affymetrix.com
Mon Feb 25 17:33:20 CET 2008

Greetings,

I am running Nagios 3.0rc2 on a Solaris 10 server.  I recently scheduled
downtime for a host, which never expired.  I can recreate this problem
with the following steps:

1. Bring down a host.
2. Let Nagios notice the down.
3. Set a variable downtime from the cgi of, say, 30 minutes.

In the above scenario the downtime will not go away 30 minutes after the
host first transitions to down.  I have waited over 24 hours, and the
host never leaves downtime.  The only way to clear the downtime is to
restart Nagios.

If I set the downtime before I actually do any work on the host, then
downtime clears properly 30 minutes after the first down.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  Does anyone have any ideas on how
to debug it?

--
Mike

This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual
and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. You are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this transmission by
someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply to this
transmission and delete it from your computer. Thank You.
Affymetrix, Inc.