SNMP/Windows disk usage

Melanie Pfefer melanie_pfefer at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 09:50:02 CET 2008

Hello

Thanks indeed.
I have one windows 2000 server among the windows
servers. should I simply install snmp on this machine
(just as windows 2003?) or do I need net-snmp?

Meanwhile, this host is part of a hostgroup. I wanted
to disable the disk check for this host only but I got
this:

Sorry, but Nagios is currently not checking for
external commands, so your command will not be
committed!
Read the documentation for information on how to
enable external commands...

I tried to change this from nagios.cfg:
check_external_commands=1 (was 0)

but nagios failed to start.

Any idea how to disable this check for this host only?

This is what I had in the logs:

[1203927618] Error: Could not create external command
file '/usr/local/nagios2/var/rw/nagios.cmd' as named
pipe: (2) -> No such file or directory.  If this file
already exists and you are sure that another copy of
Nagios is not running, you should delete this file.
[1203927618] Bailing out due to errors encountered
while trying to initialize the external command
file... (PID=11896)

thanks