check_sql and --show

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Feb 22 16:31:05 CET 2008

Nagios-2 expects and processes only the first line of output from all
plugins. Nagios-3 introduces support for multi-line plugin output but it
is my belief that still only the first line of output is used in the web
interface. This makes sense as the rendering of non-htmlized multi-line
plugin output could be messy.

My suggestion would be to create a wrapper for check_sql that munged
it's output by at least replacing \n's with <br>'s.

--
Marc