DNX Version 0.15 Released!

Justin Hitt hittjw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:16:48 CET 2008

John,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:14 AM, John Calcote <john.calcote at gmail.com> wrote:
>  DNX is a modular extension of Nagios that offloads a significant
>  portion of the work normally done by Nagios to a distributed network

Why not just off-load the Nagios checks to Condor, GNU Queue, PBS, or
some other distributed job system?  All of them support Perl and be
setup to return output to a specific location (i.e. Nagio
'checkresults' directory or the external commands queue.)

Or even additional passive check drones that run Nagios checks in Xen
or Vmware containers out in the environment, passing data back to your
Nagios console.  Don't get me wrong, DNX is a great and viable
concept, I just have these other resources already in production.

What types of distribution have people used to help Nagios stay on top
of checks?

Best,

Justin
--
Attention Sales And Marketing Professionals Who Serve B2B Executives
 http://hittpublishingdirect.com/