check time syncronization

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:40:41 CET 2008

Goltz, Jim (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] wrote:
> Sorry. I meant, there's no plugin that lets you check from the Nagios
> host whether host A is in sync with NTP server B.
>
> NRPE works, but we can't use it here because of security issues.  I keep
> forgetting not everyone is prohibited from running NRPE.

If you have ntp on each server, and configure it correctly, you could
use check_ntp -H remote_server -w 15 to test if it's out of sync with
the Nagios server

The on the nagios server itself have the same check but against the real
ntp server, this way you've got a chain of correct times or not.

Not ideal, but one possible workaround.

Other ideas could be SNMP on the remote hosts, or NSCA to feed back to
the nagios server...

-h

--
Hari Sekhon