check time syncronization

Goltz, Jim (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] jgoltz at mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 21 16:38:24 CET 2008

SR> Is there a plugin that checks the difference in time between the
checked
SR> host and - say - a specified ntp server?

We just started doing this here.  We're using "check_ntp -H host -w warn
-c
crit", where "host" is the remote host and "warn" and "crit" are
thresholds
for time difference between the Nagios host and the remote host, in
seconds.

check_ntp, check_ntp_peer and check_ntp_time are part of the standard
plugins.  I don't think any of them allow you to check the difference in
system time between a remote host and its NTP server, but as long as
your
Nagios host is synced correctly it should work.  If every monitored host
seems to drop sync at the same time you'll know your Nagios host's sync
has
been lost.  :-)

--
Jim Goltz