Memory Usage for Process

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Wed Feb 20 20:14:35 CET 2008

Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon at googlemail.com> wrote on 02/20/2008 12:15:58 PM:

> mark.potter at academy.com wrote:
> >
> > nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 02/20/2008
> > 11:23:35 AM:
> >
> > > Are there any plugins that will monitor memory use of processes on a
> > > Windows system?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Ken
> > >
> > > Ken Harford
> >

> > http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Windows.49.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1
> > <http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Windows.49.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1
> >[p_view]=686
> >

> > That claims to do exactly what you want. I haven't used it so I can't
> > say more than that.
> Had a quick look at that, it's very short, and you will need snmp on the

> windows hosts available. I think WMI would be a better choice here if
> you could write something to do this, otherwise you'd have to go and set

> up snmp on all the windows devices you wanted to monitor in this way and

> open up the firewalls too.
>
> -h
>
> --
> Hari Sekhon

Yeah I tend to forget that not everyone has SNMP turned on. We have HP
boxes and use HPSIM so SNMP is already enabled on every one of our hosts
as part of the setup process including secure community strings and so on.
This is a boon for me because I get to use SNMP for a majority of
monitoring tasks and don't have to go through change control to get stuff
installed on the farm. If you don't already have it enabled I can see it
being a massive chore. Good point Hari and thanks for the response.