I can't get my event handler to fire!

D'Ausilio, John John.DAusilio at mlp.com
Wed Feb 20 17:44:43 CET 2008

Well, I added event_handler_enabled configuration and still I'm not
getting my event handler fired. I've tried both for the service (PING)
and for the host, individually and in combination. I don't see anything
in the debug logs that would indicate that an event handler should have
fired (even with the filter set to -1). The script is executable by the
nagios user (logged in as that user, execute same commandline as in
command def, no problem).

1. What/where should I be able to see in terms of event handlers firing
in the logs?

2. Are event handlers affected by notification settings (I'm assuming
not)?

3. What the heck am I doing wrong? This looks like it should be
straightforward!

john d

>But not in the service{} definition unless it's referenced in the
>template. In addition to the program-wide setting, it must also be
>specifically enabled on a per-service basis.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and
may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, please notify
the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.
If you have received this communication, and are not a named