does nagios work if we move nagios from Linux lower version server to higher version server

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Feb 19 22:14:31 CET 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Vuppala wrote:

> Hi
>    What is the procedure to move nagios from lower version linux server
> to Higher version of linux server. Can we simply copy or need to install
> fresh and copy /var and /etc. Can anyone explain it.

The install process would be the same as if you were installing for the
first time -- do *not* try to copy everything over.

Once Nagios is installed, replace the config files with the ones from
your old server.  If you need to keep history, also copy over the log
and status files to the new server in the correct location for that
installation.