Error: Cannot Complete SSL Handshake.

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:54:59 CET 2008

Gaurav Ghimire wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Sorry, I missed to point the OS....its Fedora Core 4 both the
> Monitoring Host and the clients running the daemons are on the same OS.
>
> Yes I did check with the FAQs on the site and also visited other
> related forums, but unfortunately I did not find any such occurrences
> that matches to what I am facing for now. Most of the related posts
> that talks of the same problem says they receive the error when
> running the check_nrpe plugin from console as well. But in my case its
> not as such. I don't get the error when running it from console,
> neither any such instance is logged, its just when nagios itselfs runs
> the plugin I see the error in the web interface.
If you run it ok on the command line but Nagios complains then there
must be a discrepancy between your nagios config, ie what nagios is
running and what you are doing on the command line, perhaps you're not
testing as the nagios user account on the command line or there is a
parameter problem or something when nagios runs it?

I get this error when using -H localhost but not when -H hostname so
perhaps it's one of these kinds of issues, try logging the command being
executed by echoing it to a file and then run that exact command on the
command line.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon