SNMP/Windows disk usage

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Mon Feb 18 18:17:49 CET 2008

We are using snmp to monitor our windows servers and I have had a request
from the windows admins. They want to alert at 80% and 90% usage on C:\
but 95% and 98% on all other partitions. (I didn't ask about the logic
because it wouldn't matter). I have tried multiple snmp plugins and all of
them seem to act the same. I can monitor all the disks on a single check,
a single disk on a single check but I cannot monitor all the disks except
C: on a single check. There doesn't seem to be any plugins out there that
allow exclusion and use snmp. Before I go writing a wrapper for an
existing plugin does anyone know if there is a plugin that will allow me
to do this? I am looking to exclude a single drive letter but check all
the rest of the drives via snmp on windows servers. Thanks in advance for
any advice.

Best Regards,

Mark L. Potter
Systems Engineer