NRPE on monitoring host

Henrik Schou schou at acebiosciences.com
Mon Feb 18 08:51:40 CET 2008

Some of my nrpe checks works ok now. I'm still having some issues getting check_disk to return information. Nagios displays: NRPE: Command 'check_disk' not defined.

In my nrpe.cfg I have the following entry:
command[check_disk]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /dev/sda1 --> I can run ./configure check_disk... successfully on the remote system?

In my localhost.cfg I have:
define host{
	use				check-status
	host_name			donald
	alias				Donald
	address			192.168.1.21
	}

# 'linux-boxes' host group definition
define hostgroup{
	hostgroup_name	linux-servers
	alias			Linux Servers
#	contact_groups	infrastructure-production
	members		donald
}

define service{
        use                             local-service
        host_name                       donald
        service_description             cpuload
	contact_groups             	infrastructure-production
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_load
        }

define service{
        use                             local-service
        host_name                       donald
        service_description             disk - /
	contact_groups             	infrastructure-production
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_disk
        }

The nrpe cpuload check returns results.

In my commands.cfg:

# NRPE
define command{
        command_name    check_nrpe
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
        }

I can telnet the remote host as well.

- Henrik