preventing hostup check, only service check

Kevin Menard kmenard at servprise.com
Fri Feb 15 21:29:06 CET 2008

On 2/15/08 3:11 PM, "Marc Powell" <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> The sample config files come with a 'none' timeperiod defined --
>
> define timeperiod {
>     timeperiod_name                none
>     alias                          No Time Is A Good Time
>     }
>
> You can also not specify the check_command directive for the host{}
> (i.e. leave the entire directive out).

Thanks for the pointer.  I just checked my distro's defaults, an indeed,
there is a "never" timeperiod_name tucked away at the bottom.  I guess since
I never needed it, it slipped my mind.

In any event, that's likely to be an easier approach than a dummy check
command.  So, thanks for the heads up.

--
Kevin