Perfdata from distributed nodes?

Steffen Poulsen step at tdc.dk
Wed Feb 13 08:30:17 CET 2008

> I'm moving our current Nagios 2.10 configuration to a Nagios
> 3.0rc2 distributed configuration.  One component that isn't
> working for me is nagiosgraph.  After some investigation, it
> appears that the problem is that while I'm sending the
> host/service check results to the central server, none of the
> perfdata is making it there.  Some of our checks are

I think Marc gave a good hint on getting the performance data there
already, but I just wanted to give a note on the transfer also - in case
you are using NSCA to ship the data along.

While Nagios itself now supports (per default) 4kb message data, NSCA
only supports ~512 bytes in the message (including performance data), so
if you have "chatty" plugins you might also experience some performance
data loss in the transfer.

To my knowledge there is no easy way of raising this limit,
unfortunately (if others know of a way, feel free to share).

Best regards,
Steffen Poulsen