Remote monitoring

Justin Hitt hittjw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:37:09 CET 2008

Paul,

On Feb 11, 2008 11:06 PM, Paul Aviles <paul.aviles at nickelnetworks.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a way to remotely monitor Windows servers. The servers are
> on a  remote network and using network address translation so they are not

Place NRPE on your windows boxes, then (a) talk with your network team
about a low band VPN connection between sites or (b) your systems team
about a proxy for NSCA via an SSL connection; or (c) any combination
of the two.

Either way, wrap your traffic in something secure and be sure to
monitor the gateway between your two sites so you'll know when passive
checks might stop.

Best,

Justin
--
Attention Sales And Marketing Professionals Who Serve B2B Executives
   http://hittpublishingdirect.com/