Nagios checkresults queue grows over time

Justin Hitt hittjw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:32:45 CET 2008

Update on 'checkresults' queue growth, Nagios 3.0 rc1 ...
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1[mode]=1&tx_maillisttofaq_pi1[showUid]=9116

I can keep the system from coming down completely by eliminating host
checks.  It seems the rapid growth of checks is nagios reading stale
entries, then scheduling recheck, which then becomes stale because
nagios doesn't get it in time to process.

Without host checks, I get fewer ...
[1202750959] Warning: The check of service 'URL' on host 'FQDN0.com'
looks like it was orphaned (results never came back).  I'm scheduling
an immediate check of the service...
... in the logs.

Has any 'checkresults' queuing issues been resolved in RC2 ... I
didn't see anything specific in the Changelog?  Anyone else
experiencing a queue that grows slowly overtime and not processing
service checks in a timely manner?

Best,

Justin
--
Attention Sales And Marketing Professionals Who Serve B2B Executives
   http://hittpublishingdirect.com/