web interface on a different machine then Nagios daemon.

seb seb at virer.net
Mon Feb 11 13:57:24 CET 2008

Hi,

I have installed nagios 3.0rc2 on a machine
and run the nagios daemon process on a other
/var/spool/nagios
and /var/log/nagios are shared over NFS
and it works pretty fine.

BUT! when I want to add/remove a comment, reschedule or submit passive
results, cmd.cgi freeze !

The idea is to have only one virtual machine with apache http service and
one with nagios process without httpd running.
so if it can works or not please tell me

I think permission is OK I have set 2777 nagios.apache on every directory
but when I "post" someting to "cmd.cgi" It hangs...

I have try on the command line

export REQUEST_METHOD="post"
export QUERY_STRING="cmd_typ=4&cmd_mod=2&com_id=21"
export REMOTE_USER="xxxx"

./cmd.cgi

but it also freeze after reply me this :

<head>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/nagios/images/favicon.ico"
type="image/ico">
<title>
External Command Interface
</title>
<LINK REL='stylesheet' TYPE='text/css'
HREF='/nagios/stylesheets/common.css'>
<LINK REL='stylesheet' TYPE='text/css' HREF='/nagios/stylesheets/cmd.css'>
</head>

<!-- Produced by Nagios (http://www.nagios.org).  Copyright (c) 1999-2007
Ethan Galstad. -->
<TABLE CLASS='infoBox' BORDER=1 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0>
<TR><TD CLASS='infoBox'>
<DIV CLASS='infoBoxTitle'>External Command Interface</DIV>
Last Updated: Mon Feb 11 13:32:27 CET 2008<BR>
Nagios® 3.0rc2 - <A HREF='http://www.nagios.org' TARGET='_new'
CLASS='homepageURL'>www.nagios.org</A><BR>
Logged in as <i>xxxx</i><BR>
</TD></TR>