web interface access and authorization

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Feb 7 20:58:45 CET 2008

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#contact

> These statements seem to be in conflict because can_submit_commands
does
> not appear to be available in 2.0.  Argh, I really wanted that too...

It is a conflict that I didn't realize I had made until after I'd sent
the message. My original response was that they were identical based on
reading the CGIAuth doccos, but in doing research before sending I saw a
patch submitted and applied to 3.x that provided the can_submit_commands
functionality to contacts specifically. My response change appropriately
further down but I didn't re-read the top to catch my mistake.

--
Marc