Docs at leats partially wrong

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Thu Feb 7 12:43:09 CET 2008

Hi!

We've been using the $ADDRESSN$ macro in our notification
commands while we were using 2.x. Since we upgraded, some
notifications fail - since said macro does not seem to be
expanded anymore.

The docs are inconsistent in this regard. On one hand,

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectdefinitions.html#contact

says:

addressx: Address directives are used to define additional
"addresses" for the contact. These addresses can be anything -
cell phone numbers, instant messaging addresses, etc. Depending
on how you configure your notification commands, they can be used
to send out an alert o the contact. Up to six addresses can be
defined using these directives (address1 through address6). The
$CONTACTADDRESSx$ macro will contain this value.

But then,

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/macrolist.html

does not list said macro. If anything, one of the pages is wrong.
I see no obvious reason to not exapnd those macros/attributes
anymore, so I suspect a bug.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tobias