Is Embedded Perl + Nagios::Plugin worth it?

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Tue Feb 5 21:02:02 CET 2008

Hi Jonathan,

Yes and yes.  You will notice a huge decrease in load if you move to
ePN, just make sure you code to the Plugin standards for ePN and make
sure you scope variables properly so you don't have memory leaks in
your code (same situation as if you were writing code for mod_perl).

I think there is a  pretty solid group of people using ePN, if
anything my hope is that future releases will add the option of
enabling other embedded interpreters at compile time (Lua, ruby,
python, PHP) the way the Net-SNMP project, RRDtool,  and others do :).

- Max