ndo2db database query

Tom Throckmorton throck at duke.edu
Fri Feb 1 04:18:16 CET 2008

On Jan 31 18:51, Tim Kay wrote:
> Hello list,
>     I am trying to query the nagios database entries generated by ndo2db
> (Nagios 3.0rc1/ndoutils 1.47b) to pull out only those entries in the
> servicestatus table that are in current_state != 0 and whose
> contactgroup is testing.
>
> I have a contact group testing and that contact group is set up in the
> service template for (at the moment) all services. I can see the contact
> group in the SQL contactgroups table and I can see the members of the
> contactgroup in the SQL contactgroup_members table but there are no entries
> in the service_contacts table. Is this a config error on my part?

I don't think so - that table as well as host_contacts is empty for me also, on
2.10/ndoutils 1.4b6 - I'm wondering if those tables just aren't getting updated
as they should...

> I have:
>
> define contactgroup{....
> <deletia>
> }
>

> the testcontact is notified when the load on server1 exceeds the warn /
> critical limits but I have no way of associating the contact with the
> service just through querying the database....

Just to be clear - you're just trying to validate a contact for a given service
in a given state, right?  I'm using something similar to show effective contact
groups for hosts; you'll have to do a few JOINS to get what you want.  Have a
look at the sample queries that came w/ ndoutils for some good examples.

-tt

--
Tom Throckmorton
OIT - CSI