Notification Problem

Shaun Martin smartin at akazaresearch.com
Fri Aug 29 20:48:46 CEST 2008

Hi All,

So I am using all templates and I just added a new host today. Using the
same service and host templates as all my other hosts. Those other hosts
send me out notifications when a service hits warning or critical. My new
host only seems to send out host notifications and not service
notifications. Like I said the same template is used for this new host and
my old hosts for services. I am using the nrpe agent, the only real
difference about this machine is it is Sun OS, but the check_nrpe ­c returns
the same values as it does on a linux box so I do not think that is the
issue. Also I noticed even though the service has been checked many times
with a warning or critical status, the current attempt never progresses of
of one. I do a check service now and wait for it to finish and the attempt
is still 1/4. So I do not know is that is the underlying issue. I have
restarted nagios after ever configuration change and I did a ps to make sure
their was no instance running before starting backup. Since I am using
templates I do not know what my problem is as every other service notifies
except services on this host which is using the same host and service
templates. I am bout to pull my hair out any help would be appreciated.

Nagios V3.0.3

Thanks,
Shaun

--