nrpe installation

Sebastian Ries Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de
Fri Aug 29 10:54:18 CEST 2008

Hi

> I have setup nagios server its working properly. Now i need to add
> remote server. So i have to install nrpe on monitoring server and
> remote server. But i am not able to configure nrpe properly on remote
> and monitoring server although installed.properly
You do not need the nrpe-daemon on the monitoring server.
The only thing you need is the check_nrpe-Script.

> Any body please tell me how to configure nrpe on both remote and
> monitoring server
You need to set at least allowed_hosts to the IP of the monitoring
server that it is allowed to talk to the nrpe daemon.

Then you need to configure commands in the nrpe.cfg. only these commands
are allowed to be called via check-nrpe.

I hope that helps a little.

Regards
Sebastian Ries

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36               Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/     email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de