Failing event_handlers and ocsp/ochp_command silently fail & gged

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Wed Aug 27 17:36:13 CEST 2008

> There's no problem with pipes. You may not agree with the standard, but
> that's not a problem with pipes. It's a problem with you.

AE: No need to make it personal.

The problem is not pipes, the POSIX standard, or adherence to standards
(*).  It's how _pipes can obfuscate the problem_, and how letting
handlers contain them can lead to to:
  - Obfuscation
  - Problems with escaping
  - Syntax problems
  ... calling a wrapper or moving the code inside would solve some of this.

> Rather; Create a simple API that runs a process, storing everything
> interesting in a publicly declared data structure and calls a
> handler when the command is done executing.
> Preferrably the API should have a shortcut to let in-core code feed
> continuous input to it.

Sounds fine.  Or your other suggestion: Don't crunch 0,1,2,3 as
health check results when not execing a healthcheck.

~BAS

Although its not quite noon yet on the East coast yet, so I'll take a
moment to bash on GNU/Linux and ignoring standards:

   My current favorite is GNU libc and fclose(3) will let you fclose() a
   null  file pointer without error/warning (segfault is the expected result)