notification were not sent out for service recovery

mizuki mizuki0621 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:06:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am running nagios-2.10-2, time to time, I noticed that nagios detects the
problem recovery for the service , change the state from Critical-> Ok for
instance, but it does not send the notification out. Does anyone know about
this problem?

In the event log, I see it detected the state change:

[08-25-2008 11:20:45] SERVICE ALERT: rldapxxx;LDAP;OK;SOFT;2;LDAP OK - 0.002
seconds response time
[08-25-2008 11:19:45] SERVICE ALERT: rldapxxx;LDAP;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;Could not
bind to the ldap-server

this does not show in nagios.log and no notification has ever been sent out.
Appreciate if anyone can advice.

Mizuki