monitoring disk usage of remote server

Cammack, Jim (DFW) cammajkc at dfw.wa.gov
Tue Aug 26 23:09:00 CEST 2008

Chandra,

>>> jeffrey Lang 08/26/2008 11:38:05 AM >>>
One way i figured out how to do this is to setup CIFS/SMB and use
check_disk_smb. Share the file system out with samba which is easy to setup.
Just share out as read only and limit who can access the shares. Then use
check_disk_smb to verify the disk usage.

Chandra Bahadur wrote:

Hi
I can check the disk usage locally with the command check_disk. But I need to
monitor the disk usage of remote servers. Check_disk command doesn't have any
option to specify the name of the remote server to be monitored...

How do I monitor the disk usage of remote servers ??

_____

I have SNMP running on the servers I want to check.  The Nagios command I use
is check_snmp_disk_monitor and it gives a response like

/usr/local/groundwork/nagios/libexec/check_snmp_disk_monitor.pl -H
aragorn.somewhere.wa.gov -t 30 -C notpublic -v -s -t 30 -m '/'
mountpoint / has 16% used, 141426626560 bytes and 21926182912 used Disk OK -
16% used on /|/,141426626560,21926182912

You can find it in quite a few places on the web.

_____

any issue.